Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Fri September 18, 2009
Nunn Arraigned in Murder Case
By Tony McVeigh
Lexington, KY – Former Kentucky legislator Steve Nunn has been arraigned in Fayette District Court on a murder charge. Nunn appeared by video from the Fayette County jail for the brief hearing. He looked tired and had a five-o'clock shadow. His attorney, Astrida Lemkins entered a not guilty plea on Nunn's behalf. Bond was denied. Lemkins says a preliminary hearing in the case is set for next Friday.
"Then if the judge decides, of the defendant waives the preliminary hearing, then it will be sent up for an indictment," Lemkins says. "At which time there will be another arraignment in the circuit court."
Lemkins says Nunn, who's accused of murdering his ex-fiancee Amanda Ross, is being held in the medical unit of the jail and has been visited by his daughters and others. She would not comment on his mental state.