Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Fri September 18, 2009
Nunn Arraigned in Murder Case
By Tony McVeigh
Lexington, KY – Former Kentucky legislator Steve Nunn has been arraigned in Fayette District Court on a murder charge. Nunn appeared by video from the Fayette County jail for the brief hearing. He looked tired and had a five-o'clock shadow. His attorney, Astrida Lemkins entered a not guilty plea on Nunn's behalf. Bond was denied. Lemkins says a preliminary hearing in the case is set for next Friday.
"Then if the judge decides, of the defendant waives the preliminary hearing, then it will be sent up for an indictment," Lemkins says. "At which time there will be another arraignment in the circuit court."
Lemkins says Nunn, who's accused of murdering his ex-fiancee Amanda Ross, is being held in the medical unit of the jail and has been visited by his daughters and others. She would not comment on his mental state.