Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
- MSU's Dunn Selected to be Youngstown State's Next President
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- TVA Eyes Closing Power Units at Shawnee Fossil Plant, Other Coal Facilities
Thu May 17, 2012
Number of Degrees Awarded Rises
The number of college degrees awarded in the Commonwealth increased 4% this year. The Council on Postsecondary Education says a record 63,000 degrees and credentials were awarded in Kentucky for the 2011-2012 academic year.
The preliminary report shows the number of associate degrees from the Kentucky Community and Technical College System rose 20% to about 9,500. Master's degrees increased 12% and Doctoral research degrees rose more than 7%. The number of Bachelor's degrees awarded increased to more than 21,500. The CPE's final report is expected in the fall.