Most Active Stories
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Thu May 17, 2012
Number of Degrees Awarded Rises
The number of college degrees awarded in the Commonwealth increased 4% this year. The Council on Postsecondary Education says a record 63,000 degrees and credentials were awarded in Kentucky for the 2011-2012 academic year.
The preliminary report shows the number of associate degrees from the Kentucky Community and Technical College System rose 20% to about 9,500. Master's degrees increased 12% and Doctoral research degrees rose more than 7%. The number of Bachelor's degrees awarded increased to more than 21,500. The CPE's final report is expected in the fall.