Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Thu May 17, 2012
Number of Degrees Awarded Rises
The number of college degrees awarded in the Commonwealth increased 4% this year. The Council on Postsecondary Education says a record 63,000 degrees and credentials were awarded in Kentucky for the 2011-2012 academic year.
The preliminary report shows the number of associate degrees from the Kentucky Community and Technical College System rose 20% to about 9,500. Master's degrees increased 12% and Doctoral research degrees rose more than 7%. The number of Bachelor's degrees awarded increased to more than 21,500. The CPE's final report is expected in the fall.