Most Active Stories
- Murray Couple Receives City's First Same-Sex Marriage License
- Paducah Homebrewer Awakes from Coma Only to Worry About His Beer
- It's a Podcycle: Canadian Motorcycle Hall of Famer Phillip Funnell Visits Murray
- 'Pocket Park' for Local Art Coming to Paducah's Downtown
- Beshear: State Agencies Should Prepare for Gay Marriage Ruling
Thu May 17, 2012
Number of Degrees Awarded Rises
The number of college degrees awarded in the Commonwealth increased 4% this year. The Council on Postsecondary Education says a record 63,000 degrees and credentials were awarded in Kentucky for the 2011-2012 academic year.
The preliminary report shows the number of associate degrees from the Kentucky Community and Technical College System rose 20% to about 9,500. Master's degrees increased 12% and Doctoral research degrees rose more than 7%. The number of Bachelor's degrees awarded increased to more than 21,500. The CPE's final report is expected in the fall.