Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Weather Related Closings for Wednesday, March 5
Wed August 22, 2012
Nuclear Regulatory Commission Meeting with Honeywell
The Nuclear Regulatory Commission plans talks next week in Atlanta with executives from Honeywell’s Metropolis, Ill., plant. The Paducah Sun reports they’ll meet Monday to discuss apparent violations associated with the company’s alleged failure to identify the kinds of accidents significant earthquakes or tornadoes might cause. NRC Public Affairs Officer Roger Hannah says the agency is especially concerned about the potential release of large amounts of uranium hexafluoride. The meeting will review information presented by the plant. Any decision on regulatory action will come later.