Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Wed August 22, 2012
Nuclear Regulatory Commission Meeting with Honeywell
The Nuclear Regulatory Commission plans talks next week in Atlanta with executives from Honeywell’s Metropolis, Ill., plant. The Paducah Sun reports they’ll meet Monday to discuss apparent violations associated with the company’s alleged failure to identify the kinds of accidents significant earthquakes or tornadoes might cause. NRC Public Affairs Officer Roger Hannah says the agency is especially concerned about the potential release of large amounts of uranium hexafluoride. The meeting will review information presented by the plant. Any decision on regulatory action will come later.