Most Active Stories
- Kentuckians Can Get Protection From Four Flu Strains This Fall
- Community Leaders Call for Paducah Power Board Chairman to Resign
- Paducah Power System Board May Have "Unintentionally" Violated Open Meetings Law
- Paducah Power Chairman Says He Would Step Down Only If Board Asks Him
- Paducah Power Board Chair Steps Down as Chairman, Member
Tue April 22, 2014
Nuclear Regulatory Commission to Host Public Meeting for Honeywell Plant
The Nuclear Regulatory Commission has thus far found no issues in its two-year safety review of the Honeywell uranium conversion plant in Metropolis, Illinois.
NRC spokesperson Joey Ledford says the agency is still reviewing the plant’s safety plan, which is a housekeeping measure. The new plan comes after Honeywell made extensive modifications to ensure it could withstand tornadoes and earthquakes.
The safety plan changes along with radiological controls and facility support will be discussed at a public meeting at 6 p.m., May 1st at the Metropolis Community Center.
Nuclear Power Plants