Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Tue April 22, 2014
Nuclear Regulatory Commission to Host Public Meeting for Honeywell Plant
The Nuclear Regulatory Commission has thus far found no issues in its two-year safety review of the Honeywell uranium conversion plant in Metropolis, Illinois.
NRC spokesperson Joey Ledford says the agency is still reviewing the plant’s safety plan, which is a housekeeping measure. The new plan comes after Honeywell made extensive modifications to ensure it could withstand tornadoes and earthquakes.
The safety plan changes along with radiological controls and facility support will be discussed at a public meeting at 6 p.m., May 1st at the Metropolis Community Center.
Nuclear Power Plants