Most Active Stories
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Press Releases & Events
Thu October 21, 2010
NPR ends Williams' contract after Muslim remarks
Murray, KY – Information about NPR's dismissal of Commentator Juan Williams
NPR has terminated the contract of Senior News Analyst Juan Williams, due to remarks made on The O'Reilly Factor on Mon., October 18, that were inconsistent with NPR's editorial standards and practices.
NPR's David Folkinflik will have a piece on ATC today, Thurs., October 21, concerning Williams' termination. A column from NPR Ombudsman Alicia Shepard posted around noon ET today. Read it here
Anna Christopher Bross, Senior Manager, Media Relations, NPR, at (202) 513-2304 or email@example.com is the contact for media organizations pursuing this breaking news.
Listeners who want to communicate directly with NPR should use the regular NPR Listener Care line (202) 513-3232, Hours: 10am to 5 pm ET, Monday through Friday, or to the general Contact Us form online at http://help.npr.org/npr/includes/customer/npr/custforms/contactus.aspx
Listeners may also communicate through the NPR Ombudsman at (202) 513-3245.