Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
- MSU's Dunn Selected to be Youngstown State's Next President
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- TVA Eyes Closing Power Units at Shawnee Fossil Plant, Other Coal Facilities
Tue November 13, 2012
November Conversation with MSU President Dr. Randy Dunn
Dr. Dunn joined Chad Lampe for his monthly chat at WKMS last week. In this conversation Dr. Dunn discusses MSU's enrollment growth and hones in on some of the specifics, including an uptick in first time freshman students and significant growth in international student enrollment.
Dr. Dunn also talks about the need for remedial courses at MSU and how Kentucky's new core content (K-PREP) tests give the university an indication of how many incoming students from the region will need remediation.
We also get an update on the budget planning and review process ongoing at MSU, and what a preliminary report to the board of regents might look like at the December quarterly meeting. Dr. Dunn also provides more insight into his decision to self-select out of his candidacy for Missouri State's Presidency and uncertainty surrounding his contract with Murray State.