Most Active Stories
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- McCracken County School District Tests for Talent
- Abramson Pushes for Tax Reform & Clarifies Future Which Doesn't Include Murray State Presidency
- New Details Coming for Downtown Paducah Hotel
- Kentucky Transportation Official Says No US 68/KY 80 Speed Limit Increase Until Project Complete
Tue November 13, 2012
November Conversation with MSU President Dr. Randy Dunn
Dr. Dunn joined Chad Lampe for his monthly chat at WKMS last week. In this conversation Dr. Dunn discusses MSU's enrollment growth and hones in on some of the specifics, including an uptick in first time freshman students and significant growth in international student enrollment.
Dr. Dunn also talks about the need for remedial courses at MSU and how Kentucky's new core content (K-PREP) tests give the university an indication of how many incoming students from the region will need remediation.
We also get an update on the budget planning and review process ongoing at MSU, and what a preliminary report to the board of regents might look like at the December quarterly meeting. Dr. Dunn also provides more insight into his decision to self-select out of his candidacy for Missouri State's Presidency and uncertainty surrounding his contract with Murray State.