Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Sat July 11, 2009
Novelist, Ed McClanahan visits Murray State
By Kate Lochte
Murray, KY – Commonwealth native Ed McClanahan won critical acclaim in 1983 with the publication of The Natural Man, a novel about coming of age in Needmore, Kentucky. In 1962, McClanahan's teaching career took him to Stanford University where he studied writing with fellow Kentuckians Wendell Berry and James Baker Hall, as well as Ken Kesey, the author of "One Flew Over the Cuckoo Nest." McClanahan drew the nickname "Captain Kentucky" and still writes of himself as "an unreconstructed hippie." He reads at Murray State Sunday night in Clara M. Eagle Gallery. Kate Lochte has more.