Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Weather Related Closings for Wednesday, March 5
Tue July 3, 2012
Not So Backed Up at Kentucky Speedway This Year
Governor Steve Beshear says a smooth traffic flow into and out of the Kentucky Motor Speedway over the weekend shows improvements designed to prevent a repeat of last year's heavy congestion were successful.
The state spent $3.7 million dollars for road improvements after last year's Quaker State 400 at the Sparta racetrack because congestion caused many fans to miss the race entirely. The Speedway spent more than $8 million dollars for additional improvements in parking areas that also expedited traffic flow. More than 100,000 people attended the Quaker State 400 this year and last. Track officials estimate nearly 50,000 fans never made it to the race last year as traffic backed up as much as 15 miles.