Most Active Stories
- Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes is Running For Re-Election
- Kentucky School Districts Brace for $8M in State Cuts
- Prairie State CEO to PPS: "We Are Focused on Eliminating Everything that has Brought us Offline"
- State Rep Kenny Imes Announces Bid for Kentucky Treasurer
- Army Study Analyzes Cutting 16,000 Personnel from Fort Campbell
Wed September 16, 2009
Nortonville four day work week
Madisonville, KY –
Nortonville, Kentucky has instated a four day work week for city employees. The Madisonville Messenger reports Mayor Jamie Noel's reasoning for the change was unclear. The paper alleges the city faces financial difficulties. The city received a letter from the Kentucky Infrastructure Authority last month saying that it owes one point two million dollars for a sewage system loan. Non action within forty days puts the city at risk of losing control of their sewage system or legal action. Mayor Noel was unavailable for comment.