Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Wed September 16, 2009
Nortonville four day work week
Madisonville, KY –
Nortonville, Kentucky has instated a four day work week for city employees. The Madisonville Messenger reports Mayor Jamie Noel's reasoning for the change was unclear. The paper alleges the city faces financial difficulties. The city received a letter from the Kentucky Infrastructure Authority last month saying that it owes one point two million dollars for a sewage system loan. Non action within forty days puts the city at risk of losing control of their sewage system or legal action. Mayor Noel was unavailable for comment.