Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Wed September 16, 2009
Nortonville four day work week
Madisonville, KY –
Nortonville, Kentucky has instated a four day work week for city employees. The Madisonville Messenger reports Mayor Jamie Noel's reasoning for the change was unclear. The paper alleges the city faces financial difficulties. The city received a letter from the Kentucky Infrastructure Authority last month saying that it owes one point two million dollars for a sewage system loan. Non action within forty days puts the city at risk of losing control of their sewage system or legal action. Mayor Noel was unavailable for comment.