Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Fri September 6, 2013
Norton, University of Louisville Continue Arguments
Officials with Norton Healthcare have rejected the University of Louisville’s request that they end their recently announced pediatric services partnership with University of Kentucky Healthcare.
University of Louisville’s health care entity partners with Norton, which owns Kosair Children’s Hospital. The hospital sits on state-owned land and under state rules it must be used for the benefit of U of L and the citizens of the Commonwealth.
U of L officials say Norton’s partnership with UK violates that agreement, and last week they sent Norton a letter demanding that they end the agreement with UK within 30 days and instead negotiate a new contract with U of L.
This week Norton sent its own letter saying there are no legal grounds for the demands, adding there’s nothing in the agreement with the state that gives U of L a monopoly on Kosair Children’s Hospital.
U of L is threatening legal action once the 30 days are up and has requested that the Attorney General’s office look into the matter.