Most Active Stories
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Film Tax Incentive Program Draws Production Company to Murray
- Against Residents’ Wishes 250-Year-Old Burr Oak Tree Cut Down On Lake Barkley Bridge Easement
- GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Attack Jack Conway For Not Defending Gay Marriage Ban
- Congressman Whitfield Calls House Ethics Allegations "Absurd"
Wed October 10, 2012
Northern Kentucky PAC Looks to Expand Influence to State Races
A Republican super PAC that helped influence the 4th Congressional District primary earlier this year is looking to expand its scope. Americans for Growth, Opportunity and Prosperity was founded by a group of Northern Kentucky businessmen. It also goes by the name Ameri-GOP. The PAC helped Thomas Massie win his congressional primary.
And now its leaders say they want to get involved at the state level. In a short statement, the group did not name the races they planned to get involved in, but its expected they will try to help Republicans gain control of the state House. Ameri-GOP is the third outside group that has expressed interest in influencing House races, joining one other Republican group and one Democratic PAC.