Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- Kentucky Sees Big Change in the Number of People Who Drink Alcohol
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- MSU Alumnus Featured in National Geographic DocuDrama "American Genius"
Around the Nation
Fri January 3, 2014
Northeast Hit With Snow And Powerful Winds
Originally published on Fri January 3, 2014 1:16 pm
A very cold winter storm is engulfing much of the Northeast, dumping more than 20 inches of snow in some areas and bringing strong winds along with it. Schools are closed in Boston and New York City. Thousands of flights have been canceled. Officials around the region are asking people to stay home and let road crews do their work.