Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Tue November 10, 2009
No Sunday Sales @ Purple Toad Winery
By Chris Taylor
Paducah, KY – The McCracken Fiscal Court has voted down a request to allow Sunday sales at Lone Oak's Purple Toad Winery. Commissioners yesterday voted 3-to-1 to reject the request after hearing complaints from neighbors about noise, traffic, and their general opposition to the request. Owner Allan Dossey says he expected the outcome, but plans to bring the issue up again. According to the Paducah Sun, not all nearby residents are up in arms; Dossey says several of his closest neighbors support the winery, two of which spoke to the court on its behalf.