Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- Hemp Oil Not a Source of CBD Which Could Be Used in Epilepsy Treatments
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
Wed May 14, 2014
No Serious Injuries in Heath Elementary Bus Crash
Nine Heath Elementary School students and their driver suffered only minor injuries when a car crashed head-on into a McCracken County school bus Wednesday morning.
McCracken County Sheriff's Office Captain J.T. Coleman said a 1967 Mustang, driven by 22-year-old Joshua White of La Center, hydroplaned into the bus at the intersection of U.S. 62 and KY 286 a little after 7:30. The bus ended up in a ditch.
The children ranged in ages from six to 10. Two local hospitals treated and released them and their driver, 31-year-old Mary Emerson. White was also treated and released.
School district spokeswoman Jayme Jones said accidents involving school buses remain rare in McCracken County.
Authorities say rainy weather and a slick highway caused the accident and no one will be charged.