Most Active Stories
- School Closings and Delays: Tuesday, Feb 24
- Chuck Todd: Rand Paul a 'Tier 1' 2016 Candidate; Ky. Dems Not Aligned with National Party
- MSU Board of Regents Approve Tuition Increase and Honors College
- Families Of Sick Children Ask To Bring Cannabis Oil Into Tennessee
- School Closings and Delays: Thursday, Feb 26
Wed May 14, 2014
No Serious Injuries in Heath Elementary Bus Crash
Nine Heath Elementary School students and their driver suffered only minor injuries when a car crashed head-on into a McCracken County school bus Wednesday morning.
McCracken County Sheriff's Office Captain J.T. Coleman said a 1967 Mustang, driven by 22-year-old Joshua White of La Center, hydroplaned into the bus at the intersection of U.S. 62 and KY 286 a little after 7:30. The bus ended up in a ditch.
The children ranged in ages from six to 10. Two local hospitals treated and released them and their driver, 31-year-old Mary Emerson. White was also treated and released.
School district spokeswoman Jayme Jones said accidents involving school buses remain rare in McCracken County.
Authorities say rainy weather and a slick highway caused the accident and no one will be charged.