Most Active Stories
- Murray Couple Receives City's First Same-Sex Marriage License
- Murray Holds Special Ties for Likely Next Host of 'A Prairie Home Companion'
- 'Pocket Park' for Local Art Coming to Paducah's Downtown
- KSP: Mennonite Man Killed in Todd County Home Invasion
- BOOM: 19 Places to See Fireworks this Independence Day Weekend
Wed May 14, 2014
No Serious Injuries in Heath Elementary Bus Crash
Nine Heath Elementary School students and their driver suffered only minor injuries when a car crashed head-on into a McCracken County school bus Wednesday morning.
McCracken County Sheriff's Office Captain J.T. Coleman said a 1967 Mustang, driven by 22-year-old Joshua White of La Center, hydroplaned into the bus at the intersection of U.S. 62 and KY 286 a little after 7:30. The bus ended up in a ditch.
The children ranged in ages from six to 10. Two local hospitals treated and released them and their driver, 31-year-old Mary Emerson. White was also treated and released.
School district spokeswoman Jayme Jones said accidents involving school buses remain rare in McCracken County.
Authorities say rainy weather and a slick highway caused the accident and no one will be charged.