Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Wed May 14, 2014
No Serious Injuries in Heath Elementary Bus Crash
Nine Heath Elementary School students and their driver suffered only minor injuries when a car crashed head-on into a McCracken County school bus Wednesday morning.
McCracken County Sheriff's Office Captain J.T. Coleman said a 1967 Mustang, driven by 22-year-old Joshua White of La Center, hydroplaned into the bus at the intersection of U.S. 62 and KY 286 a little after 7:30. The bus ended up in a ditch.
The children ranged in ages from six to 10. Two local hospitals treated and released them and their driver, 31-year-old Mary Emerson. White was also treated and released.
School district spokeswoman Jayme Jones said accidents involving school buses remain rare in McCracken County.
Authorities say rainy weather and a slick highway caused the accident and no one will be charged.