Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- Murray Downtown Disasters: How the City’s Handling Collapsing, Burned Buildings
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
Tue July 21, 2009
No Seatbelt Leads to Multiple Charges
By Chris Taylor
Murray, KY – A man wanted on meth-related charges was apprehended yesterday in Murray after a Kentucky State Police trooper pulled him over for not wearing a seatbelt. 18-year-old Kenton Doran was arrested on multiple charges, including: carrying a concealed deadly weapon, possession of a firearm by a felon, two controlled substance possession charges, possession of drug paraphernalia, and failure to wear a seatbelt.
Authorities also discovered Doran was wanted by Graves County Sheriff's Department for tampering with anhydrous ammonia equipment and the Kentucky Department of Probation for violating his parole.