Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Thu July 30, 2009
No Pitch for Sunday Beer Sales Proposal Today
By Chris Taylor
Clarksville, TN – A proposal to end the limits on Sunday beer sales in Clarksville won't be discussed at today's City Council meeting. Proposal-sponsor Councilwoman Deanna McLaughlin says she wants to gather more information before attempting to sell the idea to the Finance and Administration Committee. The current ordinance prohibits beer sales between 3:00 am and noon on Sundays. Estimates project the city would net $81,000 annually if the limits were lifted.