Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Thu July 30, 2009
No Pitch for Sunday Beer Sales Proposal Today
By Chris Taylor
Clarksville, TN – A proposal to end the limits on Sunday beer sales in Clarksville won't be discussed at today's City Council meeting. Proposal-sponsor Councilwoman Deanna McLaughlin says she wants to gather more information before attempting to sell the idea to the Finance and Administration Committee. The current ordinance prohibits beer sales between 3:00 am and noon on Sundays. Estimates project the city would net $81,000 annually if the limits were lifted.