Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- Hemp Oil Not a Source of CBD Which Could Be Used in Epilepsy Treatments
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
Thu October 3, 2013
No New Technical Problems For Health Exchange Site
Officials say the website that holds Kentucky's online health insurance exchange is now smoother for users on its second day of operation. Kynect had nearly 110,000 visitors through late yesterday afternoon, with about 10% of them starting applications for health care coverage.
Nearly 7,000 applications have been completed. Governor Steve Beshear's office says the site had no interruptions in service yesterday.
Technical glitches on Tuesday interrupted online applications for several hours on the first day of the six-month open-enrollment period under the new health care law.
Technical problems were also reported in other states, and some continued into Wednesday.