Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Fri March 5, 2010
No-Go on Obion County Riverport Grants
Tiptonville, TN – Obion County, Tennessee Mayor Benny McGuire blames politics for a failure to get a $35 million federal grant for a riverport there. The U.S. Department of Transportation rejected the grant application for a Cates Landing riverport. Officials say Obion, Dyer and Lake counties have provided about $2 million to fund construction of the new facility to be built on an oxbow of the Mississippi River near Tiptonville, which would create 4-5,000 jobs.