Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Fri March 5, 2010
No-Go on Obion County Riverport Grants
Tiptonville, TN – Obion County, Tennessee Mayor Benny McGuire blames politics for a failure to get a $35 million federal grant for a riverport there. The U.S. Department of Transportation rejected the grant application for a Cates Landing riverport. Officials say Obion, Dyer and Lake counties have provided about $2 million to fund construction of the new facility to be built on an oxbow of the Mississippi River near Tiptonville, which would create 4-5,000 jobs.