Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Mon October 26, 2009
No Charges Planned in Child Shooting
By Todd Hatton
Paducah, KY – McCracken County Commonwealth Attorney Dan Boaz says no charges will be filed in connection with the October 10th shooting of 10-year-old Kyler "Beau" Mathis. Mathis was target shooting with two other children in his grandmother's back yard when a .22 caliber rifle accidentally discharged; the bullet struck Mathis in the forehead. Mathis is in Norton Children's Hospital in Louisville. The Paducah Sun reports his condition has been upgraded from critical to stable.