Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Mon October 26, 2009
No Charges Planned in Child Shooting
By Todd Hatton
Paducah, KY – McCracken County Commonwealth Attorney Dan Boaz says no charges will be filed in connection with the October 10th shooting of 10-year-old Kyler "Beau" Mathis. Mathis was target shooting with two other children in his grandmother's back yard when a .22 caliber rifle accidentally discharged; the bullet struck Mathis in the forehead. Mathis is in Norton Children's Hospital in Louisville. The Paducah Sun reports his condition has been upgraded from critical to stable.