Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Mon October 26, 2009
No Charges Planned in Child Shooting
By Todd Hatton
Paducah, KY – McCracken County Commonwealth Attorney Dan Boaz says no charges will be filed in connection with the October 10th shooting of 10-year-old Kyler "Beau" Mathis. Mathis was target shooting with two other children in his grandmother's back yard when a .22 caliber rifle accidentally discharged; the bullet struck Mathis in the forehead. Mathis is in Norton Children's Hospital in Louisville. The Paducah Sun reports his condition has been upgraded from critical to stable.