Most Active Stories
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Film Tax Incentive Program Draws Production Company to Murray
- Against Residents’ Wishes 250-Year-Old Burr Oak Tree Cut Down On Lake Barkley Bridge Easement
- GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Attack Jack Conway For Not Defending Gay Marriage Ban
- Congressman Whitfield Calls House Ethics Allegations "Absurd"
Roads & Highways
Mon October 29, 2012
Nine Children Injured in Christian Co. Bus Accident
Nine Christian County children suffered minor injuries this morning when their school bus hit a deer. Christian County Sheriff’s Department spokesman Major Billy Gloyd says the bus driver was taking the children to school when a deer ran out in front of the bus. The driver, Kenneth Buckner, of Crofton, swerved to avoid the deer, but hit it and skidded along the guardrail before coming to a stop.
Gloyd says the injured students and the bus monitor were taken to Jennie Stuart Medical Center. He says the other students were taken to Crofton Elementary School. The Christian County Sheriff’s Department continues to investigate the crash.