Most Active Stories
- UPDATE: Both Lanes of I-24 Reopened, Oregon Man Charged with 'Use of Weapon of Mass Destruction'
- Calloway County High School Students Request a Gay-Straight Alliance
- UPDATE: Officials Release Identity of Murray Man Found Deceased in Home
- [Update: Verizon All Clear] Widespread AT&T, Verizon Outages Reported in Ky. and Tenn.
- Monroe Co. Judge-Executive Among Republicans Supporting Democrat Jack Conway
Roads & Highways
Mon October 29, 2012
Nine Children Injured in Christian Co. Bus Accident
Nine Christian County children suffered minor injuries this morning when their school bus hit a deer. Christian County Sheriff’s Department spokesman Major Billy Gloyd says the bus driver was taking the children to school when a deer ran out in front of the bus. The driver, Kenneth Buckner, of Crofton, swerved to avoid the deer, but hit it and skidded along the guardrail before coming to a stop.
Gloyd says the injured students and the bus monitor were taken to Jennie Stuart Medical Center. He says the other students were taken to Crofton Elementary School. The Christian County Sheriff’s Department continues to investigate the crash.