Most Active Stories
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- Commentary: Preventing Gun Violence with "Magical Thinking"
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
- Davies Begins Work as Murray State's 13th President
- Kentucky Residents May Soon Need More Than a Driver's License to Get Into Some Federal Buildings
Roads & Highways
Mon October 29, 2012
Nine Children Injured in Christian Co. Bus Accident
Nine Christian County children suffered minor injuries this morning when their school bus hit a deer. Christian County Sheriff’s Department spokesman Major Billy Gloyd says the bus driver was taking the children to school when a deer ran out in front of the bus. The driver, Kenneth Buckner, of Crofton, swerved to avoid the deer, but hit it and skidded along the guardrail before coming to a stop.
Gloyd says the injured students and the bus monitor were taken to Jennie Stuart Medical Center. He says the other students were taken to Crofton Elementary School. The Christian County Sheriff’s Department continues to investigate the crash.