Most Active Stories
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Film Tax Incentive Program Draws Production Company to Murray
- Against Residents’ Wishes 250-Year-Old Burr Oak Tree Cut Down On Lake Barkley Bridge Easement
- GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Attack Jack Conway For Not Defending Gay Marriage Ban
- Congressman Whitfield Calls House Ethics Allegations "Absurd"
Tue May 29, 2012
NIH Small Business Conference to Focus on Healthcare
Hundreds of entrepreneurs, researchers and small businesses from across the country will be in Louisville this week for a conference focusing on research into health and life sciences.
The National Institutes of Health provides more than $700 million for small businesses to do research and this week’s conference will feature workshops for start-up companies to learn the funding process and access those funds. The annual NIH Small Business Innovation Research/Small Business Technology Transfer conference starts Wednesday and runs through Friday. Speakers include Kentucky Governor Steve Beshear and officials from the National Institutes of Health.