Most Active Stories
- Forest Service at LBL Cancels Controversial Pisgah Bay Project As Proposed
- Murray Police Respond to WATCH Center; 1 Man Dead from Believed Self-Inflicted Gun Shot
- Kentucky Legislators Grill Cabinet Officials for Not Disclosing Fraud-Comitting WIC Vendors
- Rand Paul Is Skipping Fancy Farm and Why That Matters
- UK Officials Propose $16 Million Dollar Expansion at Princeton Research Center
Tue May 29, 2012
NIH Small Business Conference to Focus on Healthcare
Hundreds of entrepreneurs, researchers and small businesses from across the country will be in Louisville this week for a conference focusing on research into health and life sciences.
The National Institutes of Health provides more than $700 million for small businesses to do research and this week’s conference will feature workshops for start-up companies to learn the funding process and access those funds. The annual NIH Small Business Innovation Research/Small Business Technology Transfer conference starts Wednesday and runs through Friday. Speakers include Kentucky Governor Steve Beshear and officials from the National Institutes of Health.