Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- Department of Education Says Midnight Meetings for Dropout Grants Unnecessary
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- Murray Woman Shares Story of Ongoing Persecution of Baha'is in Iran
- USEC Operations at PGPD Won't Continue
Tue May 29, 2012
NIH Small Business Conference to Focus on Healthcare
Hundreds of entrepreneurs, researchers and small businesses from across the country will be in Louisville this week for a conference focusing on research into health and life sciences.
The National Institutes of Health provides more than $700 million for small businesses to do research and this week’s conference will feature workshops for start-up companies to learn the funding process and access those funds. The annual NIH Small Business Innovation Research/Small Business Technology Transfer conference starts Wednesday and runs through Friday. Speakers include Kentucky Governor Steve Beshear and officials from the National Institutes of Health.