Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- Hemp Oil Not a Source of CBD Which Could Be Used in Epilepsy Treatments
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
Tue May 29, 2012
NIH Small Business Conference to Focus on Healthcare
Hundreds of entrepreneurs, researchers and small businesses from across the country will be in Louisville this week for a conference focusing on research into health and life sciences.
The National Institutes of Health provides more than $700 million for small businesses to do research and this week’s conference will feature workshops for start-up companies to learn the funding process and access those funds. The annual NIH Small Business Innovation Research/Small Business Technology Transfer conference starts Wednesday and runs through Friday. Speakers include Kentucky Governor Steve Beshear and officials from the National Institutes of Health.