Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Tue April 24, 2012
Next Phase of Greenway Trail Ready to Bid
The City of Paducah has received the green light from the Kentucky Transportation Cabinet to take bids for the next phase of the Greenway Trail project. This phase will complete a new stretch of trail that follows the floodwall earthen levee from the Expo Center in downtown Paducah to North 8th Street near the Brookport Bridge. Bids will be advertised this weekend with a bid opening scheduled in May. Construction will begin this summer with an official groundbreaking ceremony. The project is expected to take 120 days to complete.