Most Active Stories
- UPDATE: Both Lanes of I-24 Reopened, Oregon Man Charged with 'Use of Weapon of Mass Destruction'
- Calloway County High School Students Request a Gay-Straight Alliance
- UPDATE: Officials Release Identity of Murray Man Found Deceased in Home
- [Update: Verizon All Clear] Widespread AT&T, Verizon Outages Reported in Ky. and Tenn.
- Monroe Co. Judge-Executive Among Republicans Supporting Democrat Jack Conway
Tue April 24, 2012
Next Phase of Greenway Trail Ready to Bid
The City of Paducah has received the green light from the Kentucky Transportation Cabinet to take bids for the next phase of the Greenway Trail project. This phase will complete a new stretch of trail that follows the floodwall earthen levee from the Expo Center in downtown Paducah to North 8th Street near the Brookport Bridge. Bids will be advertised this weekend with a bid opening scheduled in May. Construction will begin this summer with an official groundbreaking ceremony. The project is expected to take 120 days to complete.