Most Active Stories
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- McCracken County School District Tests for Talent
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Abramson Pushes for Tax Reform & Clarifies Future Which Doesn't Include Murray State Presidency
- Murray State Presidential Search Committee Selects 11 Finalists
Tue April 24, 2012
Next Phase of Greenway Trail Ready to Bid
The City of Paducah has received the green light from the Kentucky Transportation Cabinet to take bids for the next phase of the Greenway Trail project. This phase will complete a new stretch of trail that follows the floodwall earthen levee from the Expo Center in downtown Paducah to North 8th Street near the Brookport Bridge. Bids will be advertised this weekend with a bid opening scheduled in May. Construction will begin this summer with an official groundbreaking ceremony. The project is expected to take 120 days to complete.