Most Active Stories
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Mon July 1, 2013
World Cafe Next: Elastic Bond
Originally published on Fri October 3, 2014 2:08 pm
The Miami-based Latin alternative band Elastic Bond has a varied sound that's hard to pinpoint. Its debut album, Real, contains tropical elements well suited to its home state of Florida, but funky horns and retro-leaning samples help freshen that sound. The combination of genres goes well with the band's name, which references a chemical equation.
Venezuelan producer Andres Ponce and Honduran singer Sofy Cantato also drop influences like A Tribe Called Quest into the mix, and describe their band as looking backwards in order to move ahead. In this installment of World Cafe: Next, hear two songs from the new album.