Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Skies Clear for Sunny Saturday, Be Careful on Roads
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
Thu September 12, 2013
Newberry, Kaler Visit DC to Meet with Energy Secretary
McCracken County Judge-Executive Van Newberry and Paducah Mayor Gayle Kaler were part of the McCracken County Chamber of Commerce delegation that met today with US Energy Secretary Ernest Moniz in Washington, D.C.
The group discussed a long-term solution for private sector development and accelerating cleanup activities at the Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant site.
Kentucky's 1st district congressman Ed Whitfield arranged the meeting. Whitfield chairs the House Subcommittee on Energy and Power. Sens. Mitch McConnell and Rand Paul and Congressman Whitfield have requested a follow up meeting the week of Sept. 30.