Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Thu September 12, 2013
Newberry, Kaler Visit DC to Meet with Energy Secretary
McCracken County Judge-Executive Van Newberry and Paducah Mayor Gayle Kaler were part of the McCracken County Chamber of Commerce delegation that met today with US Energy Secretary Ernest Moniz in Washington, D.C.
The group discussed a long-term solution for private sector development and accelerating cleanup activities at the Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant site.
Kentucky's 1st district congressman Ed Whitfield arranged the meeting. Whitfield chairs the House Subcommittee on Energy and Power. Sens. Mitch McConnell and Rand Paul and Congressman Whitfield have requested a follow up meeting the week of Sept. 30.