Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Mon November 29, 2010
Newberry Criticized for Using Public Vehicle
By Chris Taylor
Paducah, KY – McCracken County Judge-Executive Van Newberry confirms he used a county-owned vehicle on personal business after multiple residents complained. Newberry says he drove the car on a short, lunch-hour trip to purchase a puppy at a Metropolis truck stop in September. The Paducah Sun reports County Commissioners Ronnie Freeman and Zana Renfro last week criticized Newberry's decision saying he should lead by example. Commissioner Jerry Beyer says he's unconcerned because the trip was only a few miles.