Most Active Stories
- Protesters Show Up at Home of Hopkinsville Man Who Stepped on Flag
- Murray State Graduate Establishes Scholarship for Students on the Autism Spectrum
- Matt Bevin Was the Only Republican Candidate for Governor at the ‘Unity Rally’
- [Update: Audio Added] 13-Year Cicadas Serenade Parts of Western Kentucky
- Kentucky National Guard Begins New Partnership with Djibouti
WKMS Press Releases
Thu August 29, 2013
New to WKMS: The Treatment, Wednesdays at 6:30 pm
New to the WKMS schedule Wednesdays at 6:30 pm, hear The Treatment hosted by Elvis Mitchell, produced by KCRW, a conversational program about movies, popular art, and entertainment. Beginning in September, NPR's Latino USA with Maria Hinojosa turns into a one-hour program, which WKMS will not be carrying at this time. KET's Connections with Renee Shaw, which previously aired Wednesdays at 6:30 pm, moves to a new date and time: Tuesdays at 6:30 pm.
From the show's website:
A "treatment," in Hollywood parlance, is a concise overview of a screenplay. On The Treatment, film critic Elvis Mitchell turns the tables and gives the "treatment" to some of the most influential and innovative forces creating movies and popular art and entertainment. Each week, Elvis speaks with an amazing array of guests, discussing everything from their inner conflicts to their interior design. With a straightforward style that understates his vast knowledge, Elvis is able to extract insights, issues and inspirations from even the most introverted guests. Conversations on The Treatment are mostly comfortable, sometimes contentious, but always fascinating.