Most Active Stories
- Workers Recovering after Explosion at Moonshine Distillery
- City of Murray Eliminates City Administrator Position
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Marriott Breaks Ground on Murray Springhill Suites Hotel
- 107 of 138 Kentucky Legislators Support the State’s Same-Sex Marriage Ban
WKMS Press Releases
Thu August 29, 2013
New to WKMS: The Treatment, Wednesdays at 6:30 pm
New to the WKMS schedule Wednesdays at 6:30 pm, hear The Treatment hosted by Elvis Mitchell, produced by KCRW, a conversational program about movies, popular art, and entertainment. Beginning in September, NPR's Latino USA with Maria Hinojosa turns into a one-hour program, which WKMS will not be carrying at this time. KET's Connections with Renee Shaw, which previously aired Wednesdays at 6:30 pm, moves to a new date and time: Tuesdays at 6:30 pm.
From the show's website:
A "treatment," in Hollywood parlance, is a concise overview of a screenplay. On The Treatment, film critic Elvis Mitchell turns the tables and gives the "treatment" to some of the most influential and innovative forces creating movies and popular art and entertainment. Each week, Elvis speaks with an amazing array of guests, discussing everything from their inner conflicts to their interior design. With a straightforward style that understates his vast knowledge, Elvis is able to extract insights, issues and inspirations from even the most introverted guests. Conversations on The Treatment are mostly comfortable, sometimes contentious, but always fascinating.