Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Tue May 1, 2012
New Resource for Dealing with Disabled Crime Victims
Kentucky is offering a new resource guide to professionals who may encounter crime victims with disabilities. "Responding to Crime Victims with Disabilities: A Kentucky Resource Guide" is now available to law enforcement, victims' services, disability-related services and other professionals from allied fields. The guide includes specialized Americans with Disabilities Act information for law enforcement, tips on working with individuals with disabilities, mandatory reporting guidelines, Kentucky court system and criminal justice process, HIPPA and law enforcement, guardianship, domestic violence orders, offered trainings and a directory of assistance agencies.