Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Weather Related Closings for Wednesday, March 5
Tue May 1, 2012
New Resource for Dealing with Disabled Crime Victims
Kentucky is offering a new resource guide to professionals who may encounter crime victims with disabilities. "Responding to Crime Victims with Disabilities: A Kentucky Resource Guide" is now available to law enforcement, victims' services, disability-related services and other professionals from allied fields. The guide includes specialized Americans with Disabilities Act information for law enforcement, tips on working with individuals with disabilities, mandatory reporting guidelines, Kentucky court system and criminal justice process, HIPPA and law enforcement, guardianship, domestic violence orders, offered trainings and a directory of assistance agencies.