Most Active Stories
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Thu July 5, 2012
New plan for WKY area code change proposed
New phone customers in western Kentucky may receive a different area code when the current 270 exchange is exhausted.
The Kentucky Public Service Commission considered assigning the new area codes to already-existing numbers based on geographic location. The PSC's latest plan would apply a 364 area code to all new phone customers throughout the western Kentucky region. But, plans for the new 364 area code have been delayed five times since 2006. There's no word on whether this plan will be implemented or when.