Most Active Stories
- UPDATE: Both Lanes of I-24 Reopened, Oregon Man Charged with 'Use of Weapon of Mass Destruction'
- Calloway County High School Students Request a Gay-Straight Alliance
- UPDATE: Officials Release Identity of Murray Man Found Deceased in Home
- [Update: Verizon All Clear] Widespread AT&T, Verizon Outages Reported in Ky. and Tenn.
- Monroe Co. Judge-Executive Among Republicans Supporting Democrat Jack Conway
Tue May 29, 2012
New Music Park in Western Kentucky
A new music park is on its way to the town of Hartford, Kentucky. Entrepreneur Susan Matthews says she’s turning a former country club near the William H. Natcher Parkway into Kentucky Music Park.
Matthews says the venue will offer different genres of music on a monthly basis including bluegrass, rock, country and jazz. In addition, the 72-acre site has a golf course, a fishing lake, camping sites, and hiking trails. Matthews says, however, the main focus, however, will be music. She says the park will host a bluegrass festival July 4th through the 6th featuring James Monroe, the son of Bill Monroe. When cold weather arrives, the music will move indoors to a 6,000-square-foot clubhouse. Matthews says the project is her third business, and it’s keeping her busy.