Most Active Stories
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- McCracken County School District Tests for Talent
- Abramson Pushes for Tax Reform & Clarifies Future Which Doesn't Include Murray State Presidency
- New Details Coming for Downtown Paducah Hotel
- Kentucky Transportation Official Says No US 68/KY 80 Speed Limit Increase Until Project Complete
Tue May 29, 2012
New Music Park in Western Kentucky
A new music park is on its way to the town of Hartford, Kentucky. Entrepreneur Susan Matthews says she’s turning a former country club near the William H. Natcher Parkway into Kentucky Music Park.
Matthews says the venue will offer different genres of music on a monthly basis including bluegrass, rock, country and jazz. In addition, the 72-acre site has a golf course, a fishing lake, camping sites, and hiking trails. Matthews says, however, the main focus, however, will be music. She says the park will host a bluegrass festival July 4th through the 6th featuring James Monroe, the son of Bill Monroe. When cold weather arrives, the music will move indoors to a 6,000-square-foot clubhouse. Matthews says the project is her third business, and it’s keeping her busy.