Most Active Stories
- Marshall County Judge-Executive Mike Miller Dies; Funeral Arrangements Set
- UPDATED: No Foul Play Suspect in Murray Woman's Death
- Murray Officials Seek Public Feedback on Future of Downtown Projects
- Murray Community Members Discuss How to Rebuild Downtown at Town Hall Meeting
- MSU President Talks Tobacco Ban, University Marketing Shifts
Tue May 29, 2012
New Music Park in Western Kentucky
A new music park is on its way to the town of Hartford, Kentucky. Entrepreneur Susan Matthews says she’s turning a former country club near the William H. Natcher Parkway into Kentucky Music Park.
Matthews says the venue will offer different genres of music on a monthly basis including bluegrass, rock, country and jazz. In addition, the 72-acre site has a golf course, a fishing lake, camping sites, and hiking trails. Matthews says, however, the main focus, however, will be music. She says the park will host a bluegrass festival July 4th through the 6th featuring James Monroe, the son of Bill Monroe. When cold weather arrives, the music will move indoors to a 6,000-square-foot clubhouse. Matthews says the project is her third business, and it’s keeping her busy.