Most Active Stories
- UPDATE: Outgoing CCHS Football Coach Overspent Around $30,000
- House Speaker Stumbo Files Bill to Prohibit Brewery-Owned Distributorships
- Paducah Riverfront Hotel Undergoes Design Changes, Delays Possible
- Local Distillery to Produce George Jones-Brand Moonshine
- Kentucky Fish and Wildlife Officials Say No Regulation for Asian Carp Harvests
Tue November 6, 2012
New Metal Company Retains Hopkins Co. Jobs
A company buyout in Hopkins County retains 60 metal manufacturing jobs, and opens the possibility of expansion. The Madisonville-Hopkins County Economic Development Corporation and company officials announced Tuesday the formation of Integrated Metal Solutions.
The local company bought out Schott Gemtron’s metal plant in Madisonville. Schott Gemtron partially relocated this summer, but chose to keep the metal fabrication site in Hopkins County. Integrated Metal Solutions president Alan Dockrey says the company hopes to expand its operation in the future.