Most Active Stories
- Archaeological Dig Yields Artifacts Near New Lake Barkley Bridge
- Henderson Co Schools Cutting 80 Positions Next Year
- McConnell and Paul Introduce Tax Bill for Bourbon Producers
- CHART: Kentucky Tourism Spending on the Rise
- Most of Kentucky's GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Vow to Pull the Plug on Kynect
Tue November 6, 2012
New Metal Company Retains Hopkins Co. Jobs
A company buyout in Hopkins County retains 60 metal manufacturing jobs, and opens the possibility of expansion. The Madisonville-Hopkins County Economic Development Corporation and company officials announced Tuesday the formation of Integrated Metal Solutions.
The local company bought out Schott Gemtron’s metal plant in Madisonville. Schott Gemtron partially relocated this summer, but chose to keep the metal fabrication site in Hopkins County. Integrated Metal Solutions president Alan Dockrey says the company hopes to expand its operation in the future.