Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- Murray Downtown Disasters: How the City’s Handling Collapsing, Burned Buildings
Tue November 6, 2012
New Metal Company Retains Hopkins Co. Jobs
A company buyout in Hopkins County retains 60 metal manufacturing jobs, and opens the possibility of expansion. The Madisonville-Hopkins County Economic Development Corporation and company officials announced Tuesday the formation of Integrated Metal Solutions.
The local company bought out Schott Gemtron’s metal plant in Madisonville. Schott Gemtron partially relocated this summer, but chose to keep the metal fabrication site in Hopkins County. Integrated Metal Solutions president Alan Dockrey says the company hopes to expand its operation in the future.