Most Active Stories
- UPDATE: Both Lanes of I-24 Reopened, Oregon Man Charged with 'Use of Weapon of Mass Destruction'
- Calloway County High School Students Request a Gay-Straight Alliance
- UPDATE: Officials Release Identity of Murray Man Found Deceased in Home
- [Update: Verizon All Clear] Widespread AT&T, Verizon Outages Reported in Ky. and Tenn.
- Monroe Co. Judge-Executive Among Republicans Supporting Democrat Jack Conway
Fri August 24, 2012
New Limestone Processing Plant Comes to Lyon County
Kentucky Governor Steve Beshear joined other state, local and business officials in Eddyville yesterday to announce H-and-G Limestone Products’ plans to begin operations in Lyon County. The company will invest almost one and a half million dollars to build a 22-thousand-500-square-foot processing plant employing 10 full-time workers. H&G Limestone produces material for roofing shingles and makes a calcium supplement used in animal food. State officials say demand for the food supplement is the reason for the new Lyon County facility. The Commonwealth has approved 300-thousand dollars in tax incentives for the company. State Senator Ken Winters joined the governor in welcoming H&G to the area and says he looks forward to a long and productive relationship with the company.