Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Tue May 6, 2014
New Hopkinsville Chamber Director Outlines Plans to Grow Community
Marian Mason has returned to her childhood home of Christian County as the new Executive Director of the Christian County Chamber of Commerce. On Sounds Good, she speaks with Kate Lochte about some of the efforts in the works in the Hopkinsville/Christian Co. area, such as connecting veterans with jobs (after First Lady Michelle Obama's recent Fort Campbell visit), legislative agenda successes, community vision plan, entrepreneurial business plan competition and the recent rebranding/remodeling of the Chamber building.
"Most economic developers and economists will tell you, it's a business community; it's typically existing businesses that grow our work force, so we want to try and encourage more and more people to look at starting their own businesses, trying to become as successful as they possibly can, and trying to employ as many people as they possibly can."