Most Active Stories
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Wed April 17, 2013
New Faculty Regent Is Optimistic About Position
Murray State Faculty selected Math and Statistics Professor Renee Fister to serve as the Faculty representative on Murray State's Board of Regents. Fister beat Pat Williams with an overwhelming majority of the vote. Fister says she wants to work for faculty raises and increase morale. She says she wants to see the board be more cohesive.
“I think I’ve just got to step in and be who I am and work with the Regents where we are, she said. “There’s a lot of healing that needs to be done. And maybe I can help in that, I don’t know. But I’m willing to try to fill in the gap.”
Fister will finish the term of Faculty regent Jack Rose, who resigned. She will also serve a complete three year term which begins July 1st. Rose resigned amid controversy surrounding a vote not to renew President Randy Dunn's contract.