Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Mon May 14, 2012
New Eggners Ferry Bridge Span Moving to Site Today
Kentucky Transportation Officials say it will likely be sometime today before the new span for the Eggners Ferry Bridge and the two cranes required to lift it into place can be moved from the Eddyville Riverport to the bridge site.
One of the cranes was moved onto a barge Saturday and workers continued efforts yesterday to load the second crane for transport. Crews are also getting a head start on prep work to pour a new concrete deck on the new span once it’s in place. Once the cranes and the steel truss arrive at the bridge site, KYTC spokesman Keith Todd says the weather will dictate how quickly the span can be lifted onto the piers. The Eggners Ferry Bridge has been closed to traffic over Kentucky Lake since late January when a cargo ship struck the bridge and knocked down an over 3 hundred foot section of the structure. Hall Contracting is working to restore the crossing by the Memorial Day weekend.