Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30
- MSU Transfer Credit Could Be Available for Mid-Continent Students; AG Conway Pledges Support
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Ky. Road Plan Includes $368M for Jackson Purchase
Tue January 29, 2013
New College Textbook Attempts to Re-Invigorate Writing Instruction
Two well-published poets who both teach at The University of West Georgia near Atlanta, Chad Davidson and Gregory Fraser, give a reading of their works in Clara Eagle Gallery, starting at 6 p.m.Thursday. Then on Friday, they take the bull by the horns and offer two presentations about teaching and learning basic composition. Davidson and Fraser have co-authored two books: Writing Poetry: Creative and Critical Approaches and Analyze Anything: A Guide to Critical Reading and Writing. Kate Lochte wanted to learn more about how they approach teaching writing at the college level.
Poets and writing teachers Chad Davidson and Gregory Fraser address the topic: Analyze Anything: Writing across the Disciplines with a presentation titled: "Hook and Ladder: Wit and Specificity to the Rescue in College Writing" Friday at Noon in the Curris Center's Mississippi Room at Murray State. At 3 p.m. Friday Davidson and Fraser present "What's My Thesis? The Last Question to Ask of Your Next College Essay" for students in Room 208 Faculty Hall. Each reads selections from his works of poetry Thursday night at 6 in Clara Eagle Gallery, 6th Floor Doyle Fine Arts. Everyone's invited to their reading and both presentations.