Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- Murray Downtown Disasters: How the City’s Handling Collapsing, Burned Buildings
- Bad Luck: Murray Business Loses Office After Collapse, Then Fire Threatens New Office
Mon March 4, 2013
New Candle Plant Bringing 150 Jobs to Fulton
A major candle manufacturer is establishing a new plant in Fulton, Kentucky, bringing 150 new full-time jobs to the city. MVP Group International is a candle and fragrance goods manufacturer based in Charleston, South Carolina.
The company is investing more than $5 million in an existing facility in the city and will receive about $2 million in tax incentives. The Fulton area has experience some of Kentucky’s highest unemployment rates following several plant closures, including the Ferry Morse Seed Company last May.