Most Active Stories
- What Kentucky Teachers Think Of Their Schools, Education Department Releases Survey Results
- MSU's Presidential Search Committee Plans to Use National Search Firm
- MSU Board of Regents Approves Dr. Tim Miller as Interim President
- Kentucky to Raise Gas Tax in July
- Survey Finds McConnell Leading Over Democratic Challengers
Mon March 4, 2013
New Candle Plant Bringing 150 Jobs to Fulton
A major candle manufacturer is establishing a new plant in Fulton, Kentucky, bringing 150 new full-time jobs to the city. MVP Group International is a candle and fragrance goods manufacturer based in Charleston, South Carolina.
The company is investing more than $5 million in an existing facility in the city and will receive about $2 million in tax incentives. The Fulton area has experience some of Kentucky’s highest unemployment rates following several plant closures, including the Ferry Morse Seed Company last May.