Most Active Stories
- Owensboro Airport Expanding
- Paducah’s Mail Processing Facility Set to Close, Could Lead to Longer Delivery Times
- Kentucky Lawmakers Attack Climate Change Science In Discussion on Carbon Regulations
- Lawmakers Skewer EPA, Obama Over Coal Regulations
- Conway: Americans for Prosperity Plan to 'Buy' Ky. House
Mon March 4, 2013
New Candle Plant Bringing 150 Jobs to Fulton
A major candle manufacturer is establishing a new plant in Fulton, Kentucky, bringing 150 new full-time jobs to the city. MVP Group International is a candle and fragrance goods manufacturer based in Charleston, South Carolina.
The company is investing more than $5 million in an existing facility in the city and will receive about $2 million in tax incentives. The Fulton area has experience some of Kentucky’s highest unemployment rates following several plant closures, including the Ferry Morse Seed Company last May.