Most Active Stories
- Kentucky Film Tax Incentive Program Draws Production Company to Murray
- Against Residents’ Wishes 250-Year-Old Burr Oak Tree Cut Down On Lake Barkley Bridge Easement
- Paducah Receives $400k Grant for New Park
- Dr. Richard Carrier on the Historicity of Jesus
- GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Attack Jack Conway For Not Defending Gay Marriage Ban
Wed August 20, 2014
New at Calloway Co. Public Library: KY Author Presents Kentucky Cooking
Calloway County Public Library's Sandy Linn visits on our monthly Libraries Sound Good update. Kentucky author Bobbie Smith Bryant returns to the library for a presentation on Kentucky cooking. Also, Linn talks about a special drawing for Murray State students and previews a new tutoring service for students of all ages.
Kentucky author Bobbie Smith Bryant presents "Cooking the Kentucky Way" on Thursday, August 21 from 6 to 7 p.m. Participants will learn about the traditions of living off the land and the resources one would traditionally have in historic Kentucky. Bryant will also prepare a recipe for tasting. The event is free of charge.
If Murray State students come to the library between now and September 19, and either fill out a library card, update their existing card, or use their card, they'll be entered into a drawing for a Kindle Fire HD.
Calloway County Public Library is getting ready to launch new databases, one of them being a partnership with tutor.com, for students of all ages (Kindergarten through College), where a live tutor can help with homework problems or anything else they need assistance with.