Most Active Stories
- UPDATE: Outgoing CCHS Football Coach Overspent Around $30,000
- Kentucky School Districts Brace for $8M in State Cuts
- Prairie State CEO to PPS: "We Are Focused on Eliminating Everything that has Brought us Offline"
- State Rep Kenny Imes Announces Bid for Kentucky Treasurer
- Army Study Analyzes Cutting 16,000 Personnel from Fort Campbell
Wed August 20, 2014
New at Calloway Co. Public Library: KY Author Presents Kentucky Cooking
Calloway County Public Library's Sandy Linn visits on our monthly Libraries Sound Good update. Kentucky author Bobbie Smith Bryant returns to the library for a presentation on Kentucky cooking. Also, Linn talks about a special drawing for Murray State students and previews a new tutoring service for students of all ages.
Kentucky author Bobbie Smith Bryant presents "Cooking the Kentucky Way" on Thursday, August 21 from 6 to 7 p.m. Participants will learn about the traditions of living off the land and the resources one would traditionally have in historic Kentucky. Bryant will also prepare a recipe for tasting. The event is free of charge.
If Murray State students come to the library between now and September 19, and either fill out a library card, update their existing card, or use their card, they'll be entered into a drawing for a Kindle Fire HD.
Calloway County Public Library is getting ready to launch new databases, one of them being a partnership with tutor.com, for students of all ages (Kindergarten through College), where a live tutor can help with homework problems or anything else they need assistance with.