Most Active Stories
- Forest Service at LBL Cancels Controversial Pisgah Bay Project As Proposed
- Murray Police Respond to WATCH Center; 1 Man Dead from Believed Self-Inflicted Gun Shot
- Kentucky Legislators Grill Cabinet Officials for Not Disclosing Fraud-Comitting WIC Vendors
- Rand Paul Is Skipping Fancy Farm and Why That Matters
- UK Officials Propose $16 Million Dollar Expansion at Princeton Research Center
Thu January 2, 2014
New Biking Trails, More Coming to Kentucky Dam Village State Resort Park
There was an organizational meeting for the Friends of Kentucky Dam Village State Resort Park in November with the stated purposes of revitalizing existing facilities; expanding visitor options; and adding to our region's outdoor recreation tourism. Hydrologist John Tillson is among the founders of the new Friends group and speaks with Kate Lochte about the group's inspiration: the Marshall County High School Mountain BikeTeam, which distinguished itself in competitions shortly after its formation.
John Tillson is among founders of the new group Friends of Kentucky Dam Village State Resort park, which you can join on Facebook, where there are regular postings of work opportunities.