Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30
- MSU Transfer Credit Could Be Available for Mid-Continent Students; AG Conway Pledges Support
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Ky. Road Plan Includes $368M for Jackson Purchase
Mon December 17, 2012
New 364 Area Code Coming to Western Kentucky
A new 364 area code is coming to western Kentucky. The new area code will occupy the same geographic region as the current 270 code.
Kentucky Public Service Commission chairman David Armstrong says this allows residents to keep their current phone number, but 10 digit dialing will be mandatory even for local calls. Armstrong says the transition to 10 digit dialing starts in August 2013 and the first 364 numbers could be assigned in March 2014.