Most Active Stories
- Forest Service at LBL Cancels Controversial Pisgah Bay Project As Proposed
- Murray Police Respond to WATCH Center; 1 Man Dead from Believed Self-Inflicted Gun Shot
- Kentucky Legislators Grill Cabinet Officials for Not Disclosing Fraud-Comitting WIC Vendors
- Rand Paul Is Skipping Fancy Farm and Why That Matters
- UK Officials Propose $16 Million Dollar Expansion at Princeton Research Center
Thu August 28, 2014
Networking and Fun at AT&T Women in Telecom Golf Day
Murray State's Telecommunications Systems Management program hosts the AT&T Women in Telecom Golf Day on September 11. Program coordinator Annie Vandiver shares the details during Sounds Good and gives some insight into where some of the TSM graduates are working.
AT&T Women in Telecom Golf Day
The 8th year for the event is a networking opportunity for women in business, with proceeds going to scholorships for the TSM Program. The outing begins at 9 a.m. with basic instruction, followed by lunch and guest speakers and competitions on the golf course. Annie Vandiver says a lot of business takes place on the golf course - from casual conversations to formal events - and the idea is that a lot of women don't know how to golf, so this gives women an opportunity to learn the skill and be able to participate successfully in golf-related meetings.
Where TSM Graduates are Working
Some the graduates from the TSM program have gone on to do exciting things, Vandiver says. With background in business and technical skills, alumni are working for Microsoft, Amazon, ADTRAN, CSI Telecommunications and DEVsource.