Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Thu August 28, 2014
Networking and Fun at AT&T Women in Telecom Golf Day
Murray State's Telecommunications Systems Management program hosts the AT&T Women in Telecom Golf Day on September 11. Program coordinator Annie Vandiver shares the details during Sounds Good and gives some insight into where some of the TSM graduates are working.
AT&T Women in Telecom Golf Day
The 8th year for the event is a networking opportunity for women in business, with proceeds going to scholorships for the TSM Program. The outing begins at 9 a.m. with basic instruction, followed by lunch and guest speakers and competitions on the golf course. Annie Vandiver says a lot of business takes place on the golf course - from casual conversations to formal events - and the idea is that a lot of women don't know how to golf, so this gives women an opportunity to learn the skill and be able to participate successfully in golf-related meetings.
Where TSM Graduates are Working
Some the graduates from the TSM program have gone on to do exciting things, Vandiver says. With background in business and technical skills, alumni are working for Microsoft, Amazon, ADTRAN, CSI Telecommunications and DEVsource.