Most Active Stories
- UPDATE: Outgoing CCHS Football Coach Overspent Around $30,000
- Kentucky School Districts Brace for $8M in State Cuts
- Prairie State CEO to PPS: "We Are Focused on Eliminating Everything that has Brought us Offline"
- State Rep Kenny Imes Announces Bid for Kentucky Treasurer
- Army Study Analyzes Cutting 16,000 Personnel from Fort Campbell
Thu August 28, 2014
Networking and Fun at AT&T Women in Telecom Golf Day
Murray State's Telecommunications Systems Management program hosts the AT&T Women in Telecom Golf Day on September 11. Program coordinator Annie Vandiver shares the details during Sounds Good and gives some insight into where some of the TSM graduates are working.
AT&T Women in Telecom Golf Day
The 8th year for the event is a networking opportunity for women in business, with proceeds going to scholorships for the TSM Program. The outing begins at 9 a.m. with basic instruction, followed by lunch and guest speakers and competitions on the golf course. Annie Vandiver says a lot of business takes place on the golf course - from casual conversations to formal events - and the idea is that a lot of women don't know how to golf, so this gives women an opportunity to learn the skill and be able to participate successfully in golf-related meetings.
Where TSM Graduates are Working
Some the graduates from the TSM program have gone on to do exciting things, Vandiver says. With background in business and technical skills, alumni are working for Microsoft, Amazon, ADTRAN, CSI Telecommunications and DEVsource.