Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Tue August 7, 2012
Nesler on Second District Candidate Endorsement
While retiring western Kentucky legislators like Republican Senator Ken Winters and Democratic Representative Mike Cherry have publicly endorsed their party’s nominees, former Democratic Representative Fred Nesler has not. Nesler left his house seat in May to join Republican Agriculture Commissioner James Comer’s staff.
Nesler says he does not want to be perceived as trying to sway votes in the second district.
“I can say that the people in the second district are very fortunate to have the two quality of individuals that they have to choose from to choose who they want to serve and be their voice in Frankfort," said Nesler.
Nesler says his new position has not influenced his decision. He adds he hasn’t ruled out endorsing Whitaker, and he plans to vote for her.