Most Active Stories
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Wed September 18, 2013
Neko Case On World Cafe
Originally published on Wed November 26, 2014 6:34 am
This segment, from Sept. 18, is part of our Best Of 2013 series, in which we revisit some of our most memorable interviews and performances of the year.
Neko Case's new album, The Worse Things Get, The Harder I Fight, The Harder I Fight, The More I Love You, expands upon the fiercely intelligent singer-songwriter's gifts for music that's both innately infectious and rooted in intense, accessible emotions. Wednesday's installment of World Cafe features an intimate session with Case and her favorite collaborator Kelly Hogan — plus Eric Bachmann (Crooked Fingers, Archers of Loaf) accompanying on keyboards and guitar.
Aside from the stunning set, the session features an insightful conversation with the singer-songwriter. During a far-reaching discussion, Case delves into the depression that influenced the writing of the album and touches on everyday life at her farmhouse in Vermont.
This episode was originally aired Dec. 27, 2013.