Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Mon April 2, 2012
NCAA Championship Game Preview
Two blue-blood basketball teams take the court tonight for a shot at the NCAA title. Brenna Angel reports on what two seniors for Kansas and Kentucky have to say about the matchup.
Senior guard Tyshawn Taylor knows his Kansas Jayhawks are the underdogs in tonight’s championship game with Kentucky, but that hasn’t hurt their confidence.
“I mean in 40 minutes, anybody can get beat. Like T-Rob [Thomas Robinson] said, there’s no Supermans over there. So we can come out and play and we can be a better team for 40 minutes, even though on paper they’re better.”
Despite all the NBA-level talent on the Wildcats’ squad, senior Darius Miller says winning Kentucky’s 8th national title won’t be a gimme.
“We know it’s going to be a tough game. We know it’s going to be probably the hardest game that we’ve played all season, if not they wouldn’t be here. They are here for a reason. It’s not by mistake. They’ve beaten a lot of good teams and they’re capable of beating us too.”
Tip-off is set for 9:23 eastern time.