Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Wed December 23, 2009
NC Man Facing KY Murder Charge Is Exonerated
Oak Grove, KY – A North Carolina trucker charged with murder in a fatal wreck last April near Oak Grove, Kentucky has been exonerated because, his lawyer says, he was involved in another crash and was too far away at the time. Assistant Christian County Attorney Maureen Leamy says the person who called 911 after the wreck near Oak Grove couldn't see exactly what happened. Defense lawyer Harold Donnelly says his client, 41-year-old Martin Henriquez, was stopped just north of Nashville, Tennessee, after being involved in a wreck near there. But he says the 911 call in Christian County came just five minutes before Henriquez was stopped 45 miles away. Killed in the Christian County wreck was 57-year-old Lonnie Anderson of Oak Grove.