Most Active Stories
- While Dangerous Predicted Winter Weather Won't Contend With '09 Ice Storm
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- EKU Plans Response To White Supremacist Flyer Posted In Classroom Buildings
- 3 Educators Selected For KY Teacher Hall of Fame
Mon February 13, 2012
National Weather Service Updates Snow and Ice Forecast
National Weather Service forecasters say the predicted snow for our region could begin around 3:00 p.m. in far western Kentucky moving east by 9:00 p.m. The best chance of ice, forecasters say, is after midnight. We could see up to one tenth of an inch of ice and possibly an inch of snow.
Highway Crews are not pre-treating roadways today because rain ahead of the snow would wash away the pre-treating chemicals. The road crews though will respond throughout the afternoon and evening as the rain changes to sleet and snow.
Here is the National Weather Service's latest multimedia briefing.