Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Mon February 13, 2012
National Weather Service Updates Snow and Ice Forecast
National Weather Service forecasters say the predicted snow for our region could begin around 3:00 p.m. in far western Kentucky moving east by 9:00 p.m. The best chance of ice, forecasters say, is after midnight. We could see up to one tenth of an inch of ice and possibly an inch of snow.
Highway Crews are not pre-treating roadways today because rain ahead of the snow would wash away the pre-treating chemicals. The road crews though will respond throughout the afternoon and evening as the rain changes to sleet and snow.
Here is the National Weather Service's latest multimedia briefing.