Most Active Stories
- Murray Couple Receives City's First Same-Sex Marriage License
- Paducah Homebrewer Awakes from Coma Only to Worry About His Beer
- 'Pocket Park' for Local Art Coming to Paducah's Downtown
- It's a Podcycle: Canadian Motorcycle Hall of Famer Phillip Funnell Visits Murray
- Beshear: State Agencies Should Prepare for Gay Marriage Ruling
Mon July 14, 2014
National Night Out: A Public Safety Block Party in Murray
Sergeant Dave Howe of the Murray City Police Department joins us on Sounds Good today to talk about the National Night Out event on August 5th at Chestnut Park, 7 to 9 p.m. It's a national program where police departments partner with neighborhoods to provide a block party and public safety fair.
National Night Out is an opportunity for public safety agencies to interact with children and members of the community, to educate the public as to what they do from day to day and in emergency situations.
Some of the demonstrations include:*
- Murray City Police - safety awareness info and goodies
- Murray Fire Department - the "jaws of life" extrication equipment
- Calloway Co. Fire & Rescue - public information trailer, kids can practice crawling out of a smoky house.
- Kentucky State Police - rollover simulator and drug education simulator (could be one or the other)
- American Red Cross - disaster and humanitarian relief services, opportunities for volunteers to sign up
- Air Evac - will fly in a helicopter!
Other local business will sponsor door prizes, food, drinks, and activities like face painting and fun for kids.
*Demonstrations are subject to change