Most Active Stories
- City of Murray Eliminates City Administrator Position
- Workers Recovering after Explosion at Moonshine Distillery
- Kentucky Revenues Up Amid Greater Demands in Next Budget
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Man Benefits From Pump Treatment for Parkinson's Disease
Thu August 2, 2012
National Immunization Awareness Month
The Fall semester begins soon for area schools and Kentucky State Epidemiologist Dr. Kraig Humbaugh says it is a good time for children and adults to check with their doctors about keeping up to date on their immunizations. Humbaugh says health officials are suggesting more people get vaccinated against whooping cough or pertussis.
“Now, it used to be that we just had pertussis shots mainly for children. But now there’s a vaccine for adolescents and adults that’s a booster vaccine.”
August is National Immunization Awareness Month and Humbaugh also encourages people to talk to their doctors about getting a flu shot to prepare for the coming winter.