Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Weather Related Closings for Wednesday, March 5
Fri February 6, 2009
National Guard continues work in region
By Carrie Pond
Dixon, KY – Kentucky National Guard troops will get a little outside help as they continue helping communities affected by last week's ice storm. More than fifty members of the Wisconsin Army National Guard are en route to assist the debris clearing mission in Western Kentucky. The Wisconsin troops are expected to arrive in Webster County late this afternoon where they will coordinate their assignments with transportation officials. Wisconsin joins Florida, Indiana, Ohio and West Virginia in their contribution to the relief mission. More than four thousand Kentucky National Guard troops remain on duty, the majority in western Kentucky. Troops expect to finish door-to-door welfare checks by the end of today and Guard members are already performing follow-up checks in areas where they are needed.