Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Wed September 19, 2012
N. Y. Company Buys Interest in Ellis Park
The Kentucky Horse Racing Commission has approved a bid from Saratoga Harness Racing Inc. to purchase a minority interest in Ellis Park.
The Gleaner reports Saratoga, which owns Saratoga Casino and Raceway in Saratoga Springs, N.Y., will pay $4 million in the deal that calls for a 30-percent ownership stake and oversight of all activities at the track, including the newly installed instant racing machines.
Saratoga Harness consultant Joe Rudisill will be the new general manager at Ellis Park.
Majority owner Ron Geary said in a statement that he looks forward to partnering with Saratoga, which "brings a wealth of experience" to the track in Henderson.
Geary bought Ellis Park from Churchill Downs in 2006.