Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- TVA Eyes Closing Power Units at Shawnee Fossil Plant, Other Coal Facilities
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
- IL State Workers Worried Over Pension Debate
Wed September 19, 2012
N. Y. Company Buys Interest in Ellis Park
The Kentucky Horse Racing Commission has approved a bid from Saratoga Harness Racing Inc. to purchase a minority interest in Ellis Park.
The Gleaner reports Saratoga, which owns Saratoga Casino and Raceway in Saratoga Springs, N.Y., will pay $4 million in the deal that calls for a 30-percent ownership stake and oversight of all activities at the track, including the newly installed instant racing machines.
Saratoga Harness consultant Joe Rudisill will be the new general manager at Ellis Park.
Majority owner Ron Geary said in a statement that he looks forward to partnering with Saratoga, which "brings a wealth of experience" to the track in Henderson.
Geary bought Ellis Park from Churchill Downs in 2006.