Most Active Stories
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Film Tax Incentive Program Draws Production Company to Murray
- Against Residents’ Wishes 250-Year-Old Burr Oak Tree Cut Down On Lake Barkley Bridge Easement
- GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Attack Jack Conway For Not Defending Gay Marriage Ban
- Congressman Whitfield Calls House Ethics Allegations "Absurd"
Wed September 19, 2012
N. Y. Company Buys Interest in Ellis Park
The Kentucky Horse Racing Commission has approved a bid from Saratoga Harness Racing Inc. to purchase a minority interest in Ellis Park.
The Gleaner reports Saratoga, which owns Saratoga Casino and Raceway in Saratoga Springs, N.Y., will pay $4 million in the deal that calls for a 30-percent ownership stake and oversight of all activities at the track, including the newly installed instant racing machines.
Saratoga Harness consultant Joe Rudisill will be the new general manager at Ellis Park.
Majority owner Ron Geary said in a statement that he looks forward to partnering with Saratoga, which "brings a wealth of experience" to the track in Henderson.
Geary bought Ellis Park from Churchill Downs in 2006.